Birth of the Centre

In the early part of the year 1925, Swami Srivasananda a disciple of Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi came to Mysore during his lecture tour of Hassan and Mysore Districts.

This monk was requested to preside over the Adi Karnataka Conference at Mysore.  Impressed by the service programmes of the Samaj, Swami Srivasananda was instrumental to focus public attention on the need for a branch centre of the Ramakrishna Order in Mysore City.  As a sequel to his initiative a Representative Committee was formed in a public meeting to devise ways and means to start an Official branch centre of the Ramakrishna Order in the City.

The Representative Committee passed a resolution on 18th May 1925 with an appeal to the authorities at the Head Quarters of the Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission, Belur Math, ‘that Sri Ramakrishna Ashrama be established at Mysore as early as possible.’ 

Spread the word. Share this post!