Vivekananda Balaka Sangha
Boys studying from 5th to 10th standard classes are grouped separately under the Balaka Sangha. They too meet in the Ashrama on Sundays. Their schedule includes Vedic chanting, Bhajans, simple yogasanas (under guidance) and talks by monks.
A monastic member is in charge of these two programmes. The members of Yuva Chetana and Balaka Sangha offer volunteer services during special programmes of the Ashrama.
Aims and objectives of Balaka Sangha
- Development of a harmonious character based on all-rounded growth—physical, mental, moral, and spiritual.
- Recognition of the dignity of the individual and the spiritual unity and equality of all human beings.
- Realization of the fact that one’s true welfare and progress is inseparably linked to that of others, and that sharing and loving service must become an integral part of one’s life.
- Stress on the truth that we are the makers of our own destiny, and
- Individual and social well-being can be achieved only through steady and sustained effort.