Vasantha Vihara (Summer Camp)
- Summer Camps for children in the month of April and May – Typical activities are Yogasana, physical exercises, games, personality development, prayer, vedic chanting, stotras, meditation and much more
- Development of a harmonious character based on all-rounded growth—physical, mental, moral, and spiritual.
- Recognition of the dignity of the individual and the spiritual unity and equality of all human beings.
- Realization of the fact that one’s true welfare and progress is inseparably linked to that of others, and that sharing and loving service must become an integral part of one’s life.
- Stress on the truth that we are the makers of our own destiny, and
- Individual and social well-being can be achieved only through steady and sustained effort.
Vasantha Vihara 2022
Vasantha Vihara 2022
"Sri Ramakrishna Ashrama, Mysuru organized a summer camp (VasantaVihara) from 15 – 22 April 2022 in which 74 students of classes 8,9 and 10 participated.
During this camp classes on Yogasana, Bhajans were held on a daily basis. Eminent orators delivered talks on various topics including life and teachings of Holy Trio, Indian Freedom Struggle, Health benefits of common plants and Classical music. Creative activities like origami, science-principle-based Hydraulic lift, Math activities, Weaving Stories, handwriting techniques and a session on ‘How to manage emotions’ were conducted from which the participants benefited very much. Breakfast and Juice refreshments were provided to all every day.
A unique written quiz competition was conducted on the penultimate day in which the participants were asked questions based on what was taught for the entire week. Subsequently, 16 top scorers were selected for the team quiz which was in multimedia mode.
The camp concluded on 22nd April. A unique event, Matri Vandana, wherein each participant worshipped their mother was held on the concluding day. Students displayed yogasanas, performed skit on the parables of Sri Ramakrishna and sang a patriotic song.
Participation certificates were given to all and prizes were awarded for winners of the quiz and best participant amongst boys and girls."